Founded a quarter of a century ago by former executives of Banco Security Pacific, Grupo Security S.A. is a leading niche Chilean-based diversified financial group, offering banking, insurance, asset management and other services to large and medium-sized companies, and individuals. We service more than 222,000 customers across four integrated business areas. From inception, we have striven to position our group of companies with the same objective, and that is to value our customers. Recognized for the commitment to our customers, Banco Security has been ranked among the top companies in Customer Experience in Chile for the past three years by Praxis. In addition, Banco Security ranks among the best mid-sized banks in terms of Customer Satisfaction by Procalidad, a collaboration between Universidad Adolfo Ibañez and Praxis.
Through a combination of organic growth and acquisitions, twelve in twenty years, and a strategy based on segmentation and innovation, we have expanded the group’s revenue sources and have reported consistent profitability. We also have a successful track record of integrating acquisitions and generating synergies. In Chile, we participate in regulated industries with significant growth potential. Our priority is to deliver ongoing profitable growth to our shareholders.
After 20 years of successful operations in Chile, we began expanding in the Andean region. Our first acquisition outside of Chile occurred in 2012 with the purchase of a leading travel agency in Peru. With this acquisition, we gained experience in the Peruvian market paving the way for future acquisitions in our niche segments. And more recently, we agreed to acquire a majority stake in Protecta, Peru’s 7th largest life insurance company in terms of investments portfolio.
Since its founding, Grupo Security has fostered a strong sense of corporate social responsibility and first and foremost we are committed to all of our employees. We are concerned with each employee's growth and development and, as a result, we contribute to the enrichment and well-being of their families. Grupo Security has built a corporate culture that balances both work and family life for its associates. We are a trailblazer in Chile, which is reflected in the accolades we have received. We are most proud that for 16 consecutive years Grupo Security has been recognized by the Great Place to Work Institute as one of the best companies to work for in Chile.
ABOUT OUR BUSINESSES
Lending - Banco Security & Factoring Security
- Chilean bank focused on commercial banking and also engaged in high income individual banking and treasury.
- Portfolio risk historically below the industry, given exposure to corporate and high-income customers and stringent asset quality standards.
- Niche Bank, 8th place in total loans. Stable market share in a highly competitive environment.
- Total loans of US$ 6.967 million as of June 2017.
- Retail Banking - loans participation in the total portfolio has increased from 14.8% in 2008 21,0% as of June 2017.
- More than 94,000 customers.
- Factoring Security reaches US$397 million in loan.
- Consolidated profit of the area of US$43 million as of June 2017.
Asset Management and Stock Brokerage – Inversiones Security
- Founded in 1992
- Provides comprehensive advisory services (asset management and stock brokerage, among other services) to assist private, corporate and institutional customers in managing their assets.
- Approximately US$6.3 billion in assets under management.
- More than 45,000 customers in four strategic segments (institutional, specialized, mass affluent and corporate customers).
- Consolidated profit of the area of US$5 million as of June 2017.
Insurance – Vida Security
- Offers traditional life insurance (individual and group) and annuities.
- Growth driven both organically and through acquisitions.
- More than 35,500 retirement annuity policies as of June 2017.
- Market shares of 12.4% and 1.7% in individual life insurance and annuities.
- Three successful acquisitions in terms of synergies and economies of scale.
- Consolidated profit of the area of US$20 million as of June 2017.
Other – Travel Security & Real Estate/Inmobiliaria Security
Travel Security and Inmobiliaria Security offer non-financial products and services that complement the Group’s offering and are directed toward the same target markets. For the period ended June 30, 2017, these companies posted profit of US$4 million, contributing 5% of total profit for the business areas of the Group.
Our mission is to meet our customer’s lending, asset management, insurance, travel and real estate needs by providing comprehensive service that exceeds expectations and stands out because of its quality.